But when it comes to gifting, unless it is something your family/friends really want, we end just piling on to the stuff we all already own. And this is especially true for kids, whose rooms are filled with toys they never use. I have come across many mom blogs about the concept of gifting time and experiences rather than things and i feel like that's a great solution to our society's ever growing need to own more and more.
So here are some of my fave experiences for kids and adults to gift this holiday season:
1. Annual Memberships for zoos , aquariums and theme parks don't come cheap. It's a great gift and entire family will appreciate.
2. Movie gift cards from sites like fandango are a great way to give a fun family experience.
3. Concert tickets to your favorite symphony, ballet or rock concert
4. Buying lessons for the kids like piano/swimming/iceskating or anything they are into. It could even be a one time visit to Disneyland while the parents get to relax at home :).
5. Spa or facials are always great gifts for men and women
6. And of course if you are gifting someone special and want to spend more , then a nice vacation all paid will not just be fun but maybe a great way to spend family christmas!
So have fun gifting this holiday season and think before you gift. The best moments in life are not gift wrapped :).