Here's my advice on how to use dress up time for fun and future outfits.
- Spend time with your clothes, get to know them better. They are just like your spouse, only the more you get to know them, the more you fall in love with them :P.
- Play dress up with dresses and accessory combinations. If you are too shy to wear that hat or belt you bought, try it on with different outfits. You might be surprised to have more confidence next time you try it.
- Get creative with your combinations. Things you might have never thought of pairing might actually look good once you put them on together.
- Once you find a few outfits that look well, like a new skirt/top combo or a dress/sweater/legging combo etc, take some pics, place them together in your closet so next time you look for a quick change, you already have some awesome outfits in no time :).
- Try mixing the old and the new because most often we buy clothes that make an outfit and just stick to that combination. It's only when we break that and try a new style that we find a great outfit.
- If you really hate dress up, invite some girlfriends over, have some wine and try it together. It could be fun :).
For more inspiration and ideas, check out this blog post at